Where can I find transgender friends?
The 5 Best Online Transgender Support Groups of 2021
- Best Overall: Trans Lifeline.
- Best for Young People in Crisis: The Trevor Project.
- Best for Support Around Surgical Transition: Transbucket.
- Best for Teens and Their Parents: Gender Spectrum.
- Best for Mental Health: The Tribe – LGBTQ+ Group.
How do you deal with a transgender friend coming out?
Tips for When Someone Comes Out to You
- Be patient.
- Commit yourself as an ally.
- Don’t push.
- Keep their confidence and respect their privacy.
- Acknowledge the risk they took by coming out to you.
- Instead say, “Thank you for trusting me.”
How do I react when my son comes out?
What to Do (and Not Do) When Your Child Comes Out to You
- DON’T Ignore it.
- DON’T Say you “knew all along.”
- DON’T Tell them “this is just a phase.”
- DON’T Use religion to shame them.
- DO Tell them you believe and love them, and thank them for telling you.
- DO Ask about what kind of support they need.
What to say to a friend who has come out?
Below are some suggestions you may wish to follow.
- Thank your friend for having the courage to tell you.
- Don’t judge your friend.
- Respect your friend’s confidentiality.
- Tell your friend that you still care about them, no matter what.
- Don’t be too serious.